How do I automate Issue creation

Kathleen Shafer January 19, 2015

I want to configure my project so that anytime a new Epic is created, a set of 5 Tasks are then created and linked to that Epic.

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Hi Kathleen,

I think that the best way to automate issue creation is using plugin Issue Templates. It's very easy to configure and use. You need to just create template for issue and then anytime you want to create new issue you just need to choose your template and all selected fields will be autocompleted by value from template issue. So you have full control on issue creation. There is also post function to create subtasks on transition (so you can create 5 subtask for epic on issue create) and much more features that make issue creation easier and faster.

Here you documentation.

I hope i've helped you.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

You can use a Create Issue post function from Create on Transition for JIRAHow to create subtasks on initial issue create has more information and specifically note the What about creating issues? section.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2015

Hi Kathleen,

You can probably craft a script with the Script Runner that will do this for you. wink

-- Pedro

Suggest an answer