How do I auto transit a created issue based on issue type (or custom field)?

Malin Norlander April 24, 2015

Hi,

I have a workflow where I would like to have two to do lists, based on the type of issue that is created. Basically I want to separate issues related to internal work (as we do when there is time for it) and ordered work. As this can't be set up in the workflow, I thought that auto transit from Create based on the Issue Type could solve the problem. However, the only solutions I've seen are based on post scripts in ScriptRunner which I can't use as we are using the Cloud solution for Jira.

Does anyone have a solution for how to accomplish this?

Regards,

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2015

No, scripting is the only way. You can setup and share a filter that only shows ordered work and have people reference that for stuff to work on, but that is probably the best you can do. I presume from your question both types follow the same workflow once started.

0 votes
Malin Norlander April 27, 2015

Thank you for answering!

Yes, the workflow is the same once started. I suspected scripting was the only solution. We are dicsussing moving from the cloud to a server solution, so there might be a resolution further down the road.

Suggest an answer