How do I auto assign a ticket to a dedicated rep

PeopleJoy Support May 24, 2022

I want to do the following: 

If a ticket comes in from a user with email address A auto assign to customer support rep B

If a ticket comes in from a user with email address C auto assign to customer support rep B

If a a ticket comes in from a user with email address D auto assign to customer support rep F

If a a ticket comes in from a user with email address G auto assign to customer support rep F

In other words, I have dedicated reps who supports dedicated clients.  I want emails from those client to go to their dedicated reps, not to a round robin.  In other words, the user with email address D only works with Customer Support rep F, their tickets should only go to Customer Support Rep F and not customer Support Rep B.  We have hundreds of users, so manually entering each one in an automation is not an option.

Does that make sense? Any advice would be helpful.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2022

You could try to

- use organisation (instead of single users) and automate the assignment, as in example in comment: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Default-assignee-based-on-organisation/qaq-p/1547354  

- use components, then each tickets falling into that component could be assigned to specific user

- create new JSM projects for group of customers instead of putting them all in 1 basket

PeopleJoy Support May 25, 2022

Oh my goodness! This totally worked.  I was literally about to switch vendors because I wasn't able to figure this out on JIRA.  You are a life saver!

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events