So our company has two SQA engineers. One of them writes front-end Selenium tests for the UI, and the other writes backend API tests. Currently, I have a post function set up in the workflow such that when a ticket is marked as Ready for QA, it is assigned to a single one of those people (e.g., assign to bob.smith).
However, what I'd really like to do is create a condition in the workflow wherein the assignee is dependent on who resolved the ticket. For example:
1) If a ticket is resolved by members of the UX team (e.g., UX-developers-group) then assign to the UI tester (e.g., assign to mary.smith)
2) If a ticket is resolved by members of the engineering/API team (e.g., API-engineers-group) then assign to the API tester (e.g., assign to bob.smith)
I've looked at the Validators and Conditions section of the workflow, and nothing seems to make sense for that purpose. Do any of you smart folks have a solution for this?
Thanks in advance,
There might be far better solutions but first thing that comes to my mind is the following:
1. create two transitions with "Ready for QA" as the destination step
2. set up conditions on the workflow transitions so that people in group X only can see transition x and people in group y can only see transition y.
3. Set up different post-functions since you have designated transitions now...
It's a little dirty but it should work. Probably people will come up with better solutions (you could always script your way through with Jamies scriptrunner for example) but those are my 2 ct
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot