How do I associate a date with "Time Estimate"?

Kevin Bertsch May 4, 2014

The company I work for wants developers to use "Time Estimate" to forecast the amount of time they are to spend on various tasks for the next working day. (e.g. on Tuesday, I enter 4 hours for ABC project, 2 hrs for XYZ, and 1 hr for Maintenance). However, since I can't find a timestamp associated with the entry, I'm not sure how to differentiate the time estimate entered on Tuesday (for Wed work) and on Wed (for Thur work); if I add them up, I get the sum of all time estimates entered by that person since they started using JIRA. In what file would I find the date that any given Time Estimate is entered?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2014

Look in the history tab - that will tell you of each change to an issue, including changes of estimates.

Kevin Bertsch May 5, 2014
Hi Nic, Thanks for your response. I should have been more clear: what table in the JIRA database holds the field that shows when a Time Estimate was entered? In our setup, the Daily Time Estimate is a custom field. I think it's "userhistoryitem", but I wanted to make sure.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

Oh, right, look for "changeitem" for the field changes, and "changegroup" for who and when

Suggest an answer