How do I assign permission to project administrators to change project category

KeerthiK January 21, 2015

I have a user assigned to project administrator role for a project but he is unable to change the category. How do I assign permission to change project category to project administrator role?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2015

You don't.  Permissions are not that granular.  Only JIRA admins and root admins can change categories.

Robin Surland September 13, 2017

I have a simular issue. The problem is that when project administrators make a change to Project Settings > Details (like to add info in the description field or change the project name), Jira changes the project category to None. When you look in the Audit Log, it plainly says the user make the change, even though it is grayed out and they don't have permission to change it. Of course they can't fix the problem, because they don't actually have permission to. It is a very odd issue. Thoughts?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

That does not sound right to me.  Changing project settings should not touch the category unless the admin specifically chooses to set it.  I'd llike a look at the logs for the time these things get changed.

Robin Surland September 19, 2017

Turns out it was a known bug and fixed with an upgrade. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62989

Suggest an answer