How do I assign an issue in post functions based on the project its in?

Wanda L. Lugo September 21, 2017

At this time most projects are using 1 workflow and all newly created issues, regardless of project, go to a Status of MGT Review and are auto-assigned to 1 person, Steve.  

Now we have multiple projects, with multiple managers using the same workflow.  Example:

Estoris - Steve

DTS - Marybeth

ECA - Dave

Because there are different managers for each project, I want to auto assign the issues based on the project.  So I want all newly created issues to continue going to the MGT Review status but if its an ECA project, I want it to auto assign to Dave.  If it's DTS, I want it to auto assign to Marybeth, etc.  

How do I create a condition that says if project = "Estoris", then auto assign to "Steve",  If project = "DTS" then auto assign to "Marybeth"?

Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

The project lead is the default 'auto assignee' for any project. Simply make these users the project lead of their project

ok thank you.  

1.  I found the project leads are automatic based on who created the project.

and 

2. Do I still create a post function and select 'Automatic'?  Or do I simply NOT add a post function?post func1.PNGpost func2.PNG

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

In editing the project you can set the default assignee to project lead.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2017

no post function is needed

Thank you very much.  Will this apply if I have an auto assignment somewhere else in the workflow?

For example, once it passes development and goes to QA, i'd want the issue to auto assign to a QA lead within that project.  Is it possible to this just like we did with the newly created issues?

Suggest an answer