How do I ask JIRA "What issues have changed of issue type"

Alfonso Fornell January 16, 2018

Hello and good day,

I want to do a query to check the issues that have been modified of issue type.

To improve the query, I would like to know it by filtering the modification by date.

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot by advanced.

Kinds regards

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hy @Alfonso Fornell

Some fields have the keyword "was" to check any previous values. The issue type isn't one of those. 

For what i can see you have two options (both need development):

• Create a script that check is issue history and return them
  • Make a JQL function to fulfill your need. 

I think the JQL function is a better option. You can check this tutorial https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/adding-a-jql-function-to-jira/

Cheers, 

Pedro 

0 votes

This issue is pretty old by things have been changed a lot lately with Artificial Intelligence.

You may want to watch this short video about how AI can resolve it without programming.

The video starts with Atlassian Intelligence that obviously fails as JQL does not support searching for issue type yet.

However, Ask Jira app is capable to answer the user's query after a few tries.

1st: it tries to find the issues that have changed their type in a given project (scope), but it fails just by the same reason: JQL does not support it.

2nd try: it removes the JQ CHANGED function to search for issues in project TALH and then search for all them that changed their type (via ISSUE CHANGELOG).

3rd: previous SQL statement fails. But Ask Jira capable to recover and fix it.

Please, pay attention that this has been resolved with zero coding from the user! 

https://youtu.be/bdHBdczcM3c 

Hopefully none deletes this answer as this proves how things evolve along the time and things requiring coding years ago, now can be resolved with AI in a few seconds/minutes with no code (by users. Let AI coding by you!)

Suggest an answer