How do I archive issues?

lindsay.barrett December 11, 2020

I'm new to a team and I would like to hide tickets from my backlog that I will need for future planning. I want to be able to go back to the tickets when I'm ready for them.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Hi Lindsay,

there are a number of ways to do this. Basically you want to place them into a "deep-backlog". You can do this by somehow tagging the issues you don't immediately care about and then use this "tag" to exclude those issues via the board's filter. 

Examples:

• Priority - use maybe Lowest to represent those issues
  • Labels - create a new label, e.g. "parking-lot" or similar
  • Assignee - set to someone that would not actually own an issue normally but is part of the team, e.g. maybe the scrum master. the idea here is to assign to someone that is in charge of monitoring the "parking-lot" and pushing out and into the backlog as appropriate

Regardless of the method you choose you then need to edit the underlying filter for the board and exclude based on the method chosen. This all assumes you are using Classic project by the way. :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events