How do I allow a user to transition an issue to 'Resolved'

Mick Halsband March 12, 2015

I have a JIRA user who cannot transition an issue to Resolved.

He has a role of a project user, and the permission helper specifically says he is allowed to transition issues.

His JIRA view of the issue at hand, however, does not include the 'Resolve' button.

How do I set the user's permissions to properly allow him to transition an issue to 'Resolved'?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

Does he have the resolve issue permission?

Mick Halsband March 12, 2015

That was exactly the problem. Thanks!

Admin Gestiva March 12, 2015

y have the same problema, but in my case y do have the "resolve issue permission" to the user. How can y permit to a user to resolve or close an issue?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

Well, check the conditions in your workflow on that transition that the user isn't able to perform and match it against that users roles and permission. Or if you are on JIRA 6.3+ you could use the permission helper.

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

As Udo stated that might be the case.

Given you are a JIRA Cloud user, if you face any problems while trying to fix it or doesn't know what's happening, then please just raise a ticket at Atlassian Support so we can fix it for you or point you specifically what's causing the problem.

• support.atlassian.com

Thanks!

Suggest an answer