How do I allow a user to transition an issue to 'Resolved'

I have a JIRA user who cannot transition an issue to Resolved.

He has a role of a project user, and the permission helper specifically says he is allowed to transition issues.

His JIRA view of the issue at hand, however, does not include the 'Resolve' button.

How do I set the user's permissions to properly allow him to transition an issue to 'Resolved'?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

Does he have the resolve issue permission?

That was exactly the problem. Thanks!

y have the same problema, but in my case y do have the "resolve issue permission" to the user. How can y permit to a user to resolve or close an issue?

Well, check the conditions in your workflow on that transition that the user isn't able to perform and match it against that users roles and permission. Or if you are on JIRA 6.3+ you could use the permission helper.

As Udo stated that might be the case.

Given you are a JIRA Cloud user, if you face any problems while trying to fix it or doesn't know what's happening, then please just raise a ticket at Atlassian Support so we can fix it for you or point you specifically what's causing the problem.

• support.atlassian.com

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

63 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you