How do I add validation logic and message when selecting a particular component(s)?

Ryan Gamo June 25, 2015

I'm developing a workflow validation on the initial transistion "create issue" to check for the component selected. I've tried to use issue.componentObjects*.name.contains('component name') and issue.components*.name.contains('component name'), both dont work. What am I doing wrong?

The main purpose is to provide an error message when the wrong component is selected for a certain condition like by issue type. I can't get pass the component selection. It seems to be not working like sample below.

Script Validator -> Simple scripted validator -> Condition:

issue.componentObjects*.name.contains('component')

OR

issue.components*.name.contains('component')

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Gamo June 27, 2015

Hi Matheus,

I guess the script could not be simplified...Your suggestion of iterating through the component object works for my validation condition code. I used the Component description to categorize the type to match issue type.

The validation code below returns true when the selected component is allowed for the Issue type.

int allowed_cnt=0;
if (issue.componentObjects.size() >= 1){
 for (int i = 0; i < issue.componentObjects.size(); i++) {
        if(issue.componentObjects.getAt(i)?.getDescription() == "A Component Type" && issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'A Issue Type'){
         allowed_cnt++;
        } else if(issue.componentObjects.getAt(i)?.getDescription() == "B Component Type" && issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'B Issue Type'){
         allowed_cnt++;
        } 
 }

if (allowed_cnt >= 1){
 return true;
    } else {
  return false;
 }

} else {
 return false;
}

Thanks.

1 vote
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2015

Try iterating through 

issue.getComponentObjects()

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

//Gets the Components List (Collection<ProjectComponent>)
def components = issue.getComponentObjects()

if (components.size() >= 1){
	checkComponents(components, cf)
} else {
	return
}

def checkComponents(def components, def cf){

for (int i = 0; i < components.size(); i++) {
        if(components.getAt(i)?.getComponentLead() == "MyComponent"){
        	return false
        }
    }
}

I have no idea if this will actually work, but it may be worth the shot cheeky

Ryan Gamo June 25, 2015

Thanks Matheus for your suggestion...I will give it a try but it seems to be complicated. I'm looking for a simple scripted validator condition code in the workflow validation on create. Also, I'm not checking for the component lead and more on the component name.

Suggest an answer