How do I add the Value of a Custom Field to the Issue Details Display

Sean Patterson May 31, 2012

I have added a Custom Field of radio buttons to set the impact of a ticket being resolved, it is only set when the ticket goes through the resolved flow to let the QA know how big the impact of this fix is.

I would like the chosen option to be visible in the issues details screen

How can I accomplish this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2012

Hi Sean,

When you create a Screen Scheme you have the options to assign screens to 4 types. The default screen, the View Screen, the Edit Screen and the Create Screen. You can configure the View Screen adding the customfield you have created, and if you want the changes only to be made when you resolve the issue that could be done using the Resolution Screen you created and do not add the customfield in the Edit Screen beacuse it could be changed then in any moment.

More information here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

0 votes
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Are you trying to indicate the custom field appears in the issue details screen after the issue goes to the resolved state? If that is the case, you can try to add the custom field in the 'Resolve Issue Screen' and this field will appear on that screen and the user can set the value when the user resolves the issue.

Sean Patterson May 31, 2012

I have the field on the resolve issue screen, but I am looking to add the value chosen at this screen to the issues details screen once this Resolve Issue Screen is completed

Suggest an answer