How do I add status to issue listview?

Scorpio March 3, 2016

I'm new to JIRA. I've created a project and entered some issues. When I view all issues, all I get is the issue code and name. I want to add the status column so that I get see at a glance where we're at. Currently I have to manually select each issue to see the detail view in the panel to the right. I've tried playing around with the project admin; screens, fields, etc, but I've got to say, it's one of the most uninuitive systems I've ever worked with. Given that what I'm tying to achieve is so simple it should be much simpler to do.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

In this view, the intention is for you to see a very short summary of issues and then all the detail when you select one.  Personally, I don't find this view particularly useful, but some people prefer it.

Try swapping to the other view in the navigator (view button on the right hand side on the same line as the search definition).  This is a simple "1 issue per line, with columns you choose" view which includes status by default, and has a "columns" option which allows you to select which fields you display from the issues.

Suggest an answer