How do I add/share people to the "assigned"and reporter fields in a bug report?

Tom Shatzel September 16, 2019

I need to add other team members to share pages and add people to dropdowns in bug reports in Jira.

How do I delete a person from a dropdown?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

The reporter and assignee fields are for one user.  If the dropdown you are referring to is the list of possible assignees and reporters it is all the user that can create issues in the project and be assigned issues in the project.  You need to remove users from access to those functions to remove them from the list. 

How do I add a user to the drop down lists?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

They need to be assigned to the project in a role (or group) that has permission to create issues (reporter) or be assigned issues to work (assignable issue permission). 

How do I assign them to a project in a role that has permissions?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

If you are a project admin you can assign people to roles and the JIRA admin should document what roles have what permissions.

here is a link to managing permission. Copy/paste the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html 

Suggest an answer