How do I add "total tracked time" field to epic?

Bohdan_Vanieiev October 18, 2019

I want to add some observability and ability to predict the deadlines to my projects.

Teams use Kanban boards and use "Log Work" (time) to log work, and they write down "Remaining time" whenever they log work.

The questions are:

1) how do I display readonly text field on Epic, such that it is equal to sum of all "Original Estimate" of issues that belong to this epic?

2) and, how do I display readonly text field on Epic, such that it is equal to sum of all "Logged time" of all issues that belong to this epic?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hello Bohdan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

We understand that you would like to display two fields in your Epic issue Screen that will display the sum of Original estimate and Time logged for of all its child issues. Is it correct?

Although we agree that it would be a very useful feature, JIRA does not have a way to achieve this need for now. That being said, we have created a new feature request to get it implemented:

Sum story points or hour estimates for any epic links 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you can install and use the free app Epic Sum-up light, that provides you with a progress bar in your Epic view displaying the sum of the time tracking (Original estimate, remaining estimate and time spent) of the child issues.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Suggest an answer