How do I add "resolved" to a status in JIRA?

Johan Bromander December 14, 2017

Our customer have setup a workflow in their JIRA cloud instance. I am trying to figure out how we could add the "resolved" status to "verified" user stories/bugs. When the customer accepts and verifies that a bug is solved he moves it to status "Verified" and consequently the bug should be set to resolved (but not closed since it's not deployed to production yet). 

I have included an example which visualize the problem and how this also affects the "Created vs Resolved" chart. Currently we can't track how many bugs that are being solved on a weekly basis (at least not using the chart provided in JIRA). 

Any help appreciated.

/Johan

how_do_I_add_resolved_to_a_status.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

You would need to set a Resolution during the transition to the Status verified. Once a Resolution is set it will be displayed.

Note: unresolved is displayed as long no Resolution is set (there is no Resolution "unresolved")

Thanks for quick feedback @Udo Brand!  When you say "set a Resolution" - is that just choosing "resolved" from a drop-down? (I'm not admin in our customer JIRA so I can't see the options in the Resolution field/drop down). Just want to be able to provide them with specific instructions ;-).

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Well there are two ways to achieve this. but both have to be implemented by an admin.

First add a screen with the Resolution field to that transition. Then a user has to choose a Resolution during that transition.

Or second. the Resolution is set via postfunction during that transition.

Perfect, Thanks!! :-)

Suggest an answer