How do I add more workflow transition buttons in Jira 5 ?

Michel Marcoux November 7, 2012

Hi,

I have noticed that if there are 3 workflow transitions available for a issue the first 2 transitions are available as buttons at the top of the issue and the third transition is available under the 'Workflow' Drop Down menu.

I would prefer to have 3 workflow transitions as buttons at the top of an issue. If there are more than 3 transitions, the first 3 can be shown as buttons and the rest of the transitions can be shown in the Workflowdropdown menu.

It was easy to modify that in the previous version of Jira I was using (4.2.4) by changing the jira-application.properties but now I'm using Jira 5 and it seems everything's changed...

where can we modify that now in Jira 5 ?

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Basically you need a jira-config.properties in your JIRA_HOME (which is not there by default, you'll need to create it) with ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 4 in it (or any other number of your choice for that matter).

Suggest an answer