How do I add incoming mailboxes

Sean Freebairn April 25, 2012

Right now I can creat issues by emailing them to jira@[company].atlassian.com; however, I can only specify one project to assign new issues to, and I have many projects. I would like to set up email addresses for each project so I can create issues directly without having to move them. I understand that I cannot add a mail server with Atlassian Ondemand. Can I add mailboxes to the existing server?

Example:
jira@[company].atlassian.com
project1@[company].atlassian.com
project2@[company].atlassian.com

2 answers

0 votes
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2012

Hey folks,

This is a heads up that now you can add external Mail Servers on OnDemand and can be configured by an Administrator following the steps described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Any issues feel free to open a Support Request that one of our Support Engineers will be happy to help with this.

Best Regards,
Felipe Cuozzo
OnDemand Developer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Better you raise a ticket with Atlassian, since the documentation already says it allows to use creation of issues/comments from emails. I am not sure whether multiple accounts are allowed.

Suggest an answer