Kristin Bitler November 29, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2016

I previously researched this and found that it was not possible to include custom fields on the portal screen to submit a request. My research may be incomplete/flawed but don't believe so. would love to find out i'm wrong. smile

Kristin Bitler November 30, 2016

Thank you - sorry to hear that because there's information from users (i.e., best phone number to reach) that would be very helpful to our techs.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2016

Kristin, this question was bugging me yesterday opening up an old question I had so did some more digging reaching out to Atlassian. In fact you can add a custom field to the portal with some exceptions. As of this moment, JIRA Service Desk should allow for any custom field to be used except for Group/Project/Version pickers. There is an open feature request JSD-86 to address the current limitation. So if you wish to add a custom field that isn't one of the three mentioned you can do so. You simply need to ensure it is visible on the create screen. Hope this helps.

Kristin Bitler December 2, 2016

Thank you Jack! I really appreciate you digging further and getting back to me. I'll give it a try a little later when I have some time to check into it and let you know how it goes. Much appreciated!

Kristin Bitler December 6, 2016

I was finally able to get back to this today. I created a Create screen and used it for the issue operation of "create issue" but this had zero affect on the Raise a Request screen. Here's how each page looks after adding "Best contact number" field:

Raise a Request 1.png

Raise a Request 2.png

Raise a Request 3.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2016

Kristin, so did you go into the "i need a quote" request type, edit the fields and add the "best contact number"? If so can you capture the screen where this was done?

Kristin Bitler December 6, 2016

YES! Brilliant! I'm so accustomed to JIRA that I didn't know this whole little world existed! I'm guessing you have to have the field added to the create screen in admin first. From the Project settings, I went to Request types, chose the Edit Fields (in red):

Edit Request Field.png

Chose the field I'd added to the create screen associated with the project:

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.30.55 PM.png

And voila!

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.31.17 PM.png

Thank you and yes, this is now resolved!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2016

YAY!

0 votes
Kristin Bitler November 30, 2016

The initial screen that presents itself when an end user creates a request through service desk.

I know I can create a new screen and associate it with the initial transition but I'd rather just edit the default screen if possible.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2016

Kristin,

can you add more details into what you are trying to accomplish. What do you mean by "Raise a Request screen"?

Suggest an answer