How do I add components to a project? I am trying to follow the confluence wiki doco for this feature but I just don't see the feature.

blnrepo December 22, 2011

I want to understand how to do the follow for projects.

1. How would your organize a project that involves several components? For Example, Build Web Site, Create Print Ad, and PPC Market 'Campaign?

2. Build a web site will have several milestones. For example, Planning, Design, HTML, Programming, QA, Customer Testing, etc.

3. Each of those mile stones will have tasks/tickets for work that needs to be done.

4. Also, how can I group projects by client name?

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2011

Hi David,

To add components to a project you

- need to sign in as an administrator

-Click the administration tab , you will see all the projects in your jira.

-Click on the project you want to add the component , you will see a window similar to the one below

adding component

-click the add component tab and fill details for the component , the component will be added to the project

thomed February 6, 2012

There's a very important step missing here - after clicking 'Administration' you MUST click 'Issues from the sub-nav. Then select 'Projects' from the left. Then the project name. Otherwise you spend an hour going round and round in circles cursing the say you ever heard of jira...the docs on this are extremely out of date.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2012

That's not right. You don't need to click on issues. Just follow what Mizan listed..!

Susanta Tewari April 16, 2012

thomed is right. I did spend half an hour till I found this post. UI needs to be more intuitive. Remembering this kind of steps is anti-user friendly. YouTrack has taken up on this side.

Suggest an answer