How do I add all users from Jira to a specific group?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

How do I add all users from Jira to a specific group?

The solution has to work with ancient Jira, like 3.10.x !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2012

If you browse to the instance admin panel, they select the group. There will be a link named "Edit Members" if you press it you will see a small image/icon of 3 figures (the user browser pop-up) in order to press this you will need to have the "Browse Users" permission.

The user pop-up gives you the option to select all the users you want and add them at once.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

Does this works even if I have 2000 users?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2012

It worked with 900 users, doing it in batches of 100 :p

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2012

Hi sorin,

You can use Jelly Scripts to automate this by creating a special script.

There is a tag named "AddUserToGroup" that you can use for that. More information you can find here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-jira:AddUserToGroup

I hope that will help you.

Regards,

Mirek

Suggest an answer