How do I add a requirement in Jira?

Rashmi Shetty December 22, 2013

Is there a way where I can add requirements as well in Jira with my issues or tasks??

3 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2013

You can create a new issuetype named "Requirement" and create custom fields, screens, workflow etc for it. Everything else will be similar to Tasks and Bugs.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2013

You can create different issue types in Jira, but if you mean having another object like 'Issues' but with a different name, I don't believe it's possible.

To create different type of issue you can check this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+'Issue+Type'+Field+Values

Sascha Art August 14, 2018

Page Not Found

The page you were trying to reach could not be found: it may have been renamed or moved to another space, or the name you requested may be incomplete.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

The link is nearly 5 years old, things have moved on.  Have a look at the current docs for your version of Jira.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2013

could you explain little more brief?

Suggest an answer