How do I add a new Google Apps user?

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Hello,

I've added a new Google Apps user, but I can't see him under manage users.

Thanks,

Rotem

3 answers

1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

If you think the answer is correct, please cast your vote and accept my answer.Thanks!

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Where to manage Google Apps users

If you use Google Apps, you carry out some user management tasks in OnDemand and some tasks in the Organization & Users section of your Google Apps domain administration pages.

<th>
Create, delete, and rename users Your Google domain administration
Reset user passwords Your Google domain administration
Assign users to groups & manage group access permisssions OnDemand administration
Manage users' application access OnDemand administration
Create, delete, and rename external users OnDemand administration
Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for answering. That's exactly what I did.

I've added the user using Google Apps, but I don't see him in the Manage Users screen.

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

If you want to manage your google apps user you need to do it in the google domain administration.

If you want to manage your user's application access goto onDemand administration.

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

I've added user in the Google Apps administration page.

Now what? Why I don't see him in the Jira manage users?

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Well,

I really appriciate you're trying to help me. But it just doesn't work.

Added user. He has OnDemand enabled. I cannot see him in the On Demand administration. This is either really bad UX, or a bug.

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

can you post a little screen shot, so that I can help you.

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

This is the first screenshot

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Second screenshot

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013
Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

third screenshot

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Look into this to If you have any doubt, where it clearly says where to look for the google apps user in jira

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Setting+up+Google+Apps+for+your+OnDemand+instance

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Last screenshot - the user is not added to OnDemand

Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Hi.

I solved the issue.

The user (Yuri) must log in to OnDemand before I can see him in manage users.

I think it's a bad flow.

Thanks!

0 votes
Elizabeth Day August 4, 2017

It seems like I am pretty late here for the answer this but for future assistance, I would like to mention some of the basic steps to follow which I got from my friend who is working with premium development company Ingic Singapore as a lead developer. while adding a new user to google app which. After reaching 

1. If your account has multiple domains associated with it, select the domain you want to add the user to.
  2. Click Create.
  3. Click Email instructions or Print instructions to deliver the account information to the new user.
  4. Click Done.

It can take up to 24 hours for new user accounts to appear in the searchable Directory. You can also hide a user from the G Suite Directory by changing the sharing options.

0 votes
Rotem Shor July 8, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for answering. That's exactly what I did.

I've added the user using Google Apps, but I don't see him in the Manage Users screen.

Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2015

You can create users in Atlassian Cloud so you can pre-configure permissions for new Google Apps users. When users claim their username, Atlassian Cloud will update the user information to match their Google Apps user information. Please note that username for both JIRA and Google Apps has to be same (username@domain) before the first login, however, if users later change their information in Atlassian Cloud, Atlassian Cloud will not overwrite this information with the user's Google Apps information again. You can read [this|https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/integrate-with-google-apps-744721642.html#IntegratewithGoogleApps-GappsandODusersReconcilingGoogleAppsuserswithAtlassianCloudusers] for more information

Suggest an answer