How do I add a new Google Apps user?

Hello,

I've added a new Google Apps user, but I can't see him under manage users.

Thanks,

Rotem

3 answers

If you think the answer is correct, please cast your vote and accept my answer.Thanks!

Where to manage Google Apps users

If you use Google Apps, you carry out some user management tasks in OnDemand and some tasks in the Organization & Users section of your Google Apps domain administration pages.

<th>
Create, delete, and rename users Your Google domain administration
Reset user passwords Your Google domain administration
Assign users to groups & manage group access permisssions OnDemand administration
Manage users' application access OnDemand administration
Create, delete, and rename external users OnDemand administration

Hi,

Thanks for answering. That's exactly what I did.

I've added the user using Google Apps, but I don't see him in the Manage Users screen.

If you want to manage your google apps user you need to do it in the google domain administration.

If you want to manage your user's application access goto onDemand administration.

I've added user in the Google Apps administration page.

Now what? Why I don't see him in the Jira manage users?

Well,

I really appriciate you're trying to help me. But it just doesn't work.

Added user. He has OnDemand enabled. I cannot see him in the On Demand administration. This is either really bad UX, or a bug.

can you post a little screen shot, so that I can help you.

This is the first screenshot

Second screenshot

third screenshot

Look into this to If you have any doubt, where it clearly says where to look for the google apps user in jira

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Setting+up+Google+Apps+for+your+OnDemand+instance

Last screenshot - the user is not added to OnDemand

Hi.

I solved the issue.

The user (Yuri) must log in to OnDemand before I can see him in manage users.

I think it's a bad flow.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for answering. That's exactly what I did.

I've added the user using Google Apps, but I don't see him in the Manage Users screen.

You can create users in Atlassian Cloud so you can pre-configure permissions for new Google Apps users. When users claim their username, Atlassian Cloud will update the user information to match their Google Apps user information. Please note that username for both JIRA and Google Apps has to be same (username@domain) before the first login, however, if users later change their information in Atlassian Cloud, Atlassian Cloud will not overwrite this information with the user's Google Apps information again. You can read [this|https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/integrate-with-google-apps-744721642.html#IntegratewithGoogleApps-GappsandODusersReconcilingGoogleAppsuserswithAtlassianCloudusers] for more information

It seems like I am pretty late here for the answer this but for future assistance, I would like to mention some of the basic steps to follow which I got from my friend who is working with premium development company Ingic Singapore as a lead developer. while adding a new user to google app which. After reaching 

1. If your account has multiple domains associated with it, select the domain you want to add the user to.
  2. Click Create.
  3. Click Email instructions or Print instructions to deliver the account information to the new user.
  4. Click Done.

It can take up to 24 hours for new user accounts to appear in the searchable Directory. You can also hide a user from the G Suite Directory by changing the sharing options.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,026 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot