How do I add a FAQ section to the JIRA Service Desk portal?

Henry Taylor September 18, 2017

I'm trying to add a section to the JIRA service desk portal that I can use to display FAQ and other useful info.  Is there a way I can do this without it being a request? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Once you connect a Confluence Knowledge Base to your Service Desk project, you will benefit from kb articles being shown related to the questions/issues your users type. For more details, see Service Desk / Knowledge base documentation.

If you specifically want to open up a specific and static FAQ section to the portal, you can still use Confluence for that or any web resource that has the content on it. You could include a hyperlink to it in the announcement banner of your Help Center. Make sure your users have the necessary permissions to access the external content.

Or taking it a step further, you could also consider the Refined Theme for Jira Service Desk app to extend the styling and content of your Service Desk portal.

James Chen December 5, 2018

Thanks Walter. Just wondering if a customer needs to be a Confluence user to see the info? Or we can invite guest users?

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

This feature was originally built for the Cloud environment which has a shared user base directory (i.e. using the same user directory or has the same sets of users). If you are running server versions of Jira Service Management & Confluence, you will need to make sure that users (including Service Management Customers) exist in both Jira and Confluence

For unlicensed user setup, you can refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/guide-to-link-knowledge-base-to-jira-service-desk-for-unlicensed-user-816677228.html 

Like amandine.cervantes likes this
4 votes
hakimshukor June 25, 2020

Hi.. For those who still wondering how to put FAQ list in your JIRA Service Desk, here the trick..

I write this because i am struggle looking for the answer for a week. Before we start, make sure u guys already link/integrate your Confluence with your Jira Service Desk.

Step 1 : Go to JIRA Service Desk Project > Knowledge Base

Click New Category. For sure, this category will appear on your Jira Service Desk Portal (see Figure1 with red color).  In my case, i create category "shit" with description "dont call me angel" .

1.PNG

Step 2 : Look at the figure 1 with blue color, choice what category you want to categorize, for each of your listed article.

Step 3 : Open you Service Desk Portal, and you will see the magic happen ( as shown in figure 2). You can see (refer figure 3), the categorize you create appear together with your articles. This just a trick, later if Confluence improve or update, this function FAQ will be more awesome.

2.PNG

Step 4 : Say Thank you. K bye 

Matthew Crocco November 3, 2020

THANK YOU!! I hate that atlassian feels the need to change the UI every 6 months

Aaron Mccollough July 21, 2021

Thank you!

0 votes
Nick Short January 7, 2022

Never mind, found it....

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2022

Hi @Nick Short ,

would you be so kind to let us know where you found it/what the solution looks like?

Thanks in advance.

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer