How do I add a FAQ section to the JIRA Service Desk portal? Edited

I'm trying to add a section to the JIRA service desk portal that I can use to display FAQ and other useful info.  Is there a way I can do this without it being a request? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Once you connect a Confluence Knowledge Base to your Service Desk project, you will benefit from kb articles being shown related to the questions/issues your users type. For more details, see Service Desk / Knowledge base documentation.

If you specifically want to open up a specific and static FAQ section to the portal, you can still use Confluence for that or any web resource that has the content on it. You could include a hyperlink to it in the announcement banner of your Help Center. Make sure your users have the necessary permissions to access the external content.

Or taking it a step further, you could also consider the Refined Theme for Jira Service Desk app to extend the styling and content of your Service Desk portal.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

171 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you