How do I add Custom Fields to a JIRA Capture Test Session?

Tim Durden April 21, 2015

As above, we're evaluating JIRA Capture, and are trying to add custom fields to the Test Session screen (not the Issues screen!). Is this possible in the current release (2.9.0), a feature being developed, or does anyone know of workarounds to achieve this?

Any help would be most appreciated.

4 answers

0 votes
Tim Durden April 27, 2015

Thanks Ignat, I have done so. It would be fantastic if you guys would focus on this.

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2015

Hi Tim,

The issue feature request has been raised already. Please vote for the issue and add yourself to the watcher list to get updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BON-1788.

--

Cheers,

Ignat.

0 votes
Tim Durden April 22, 2015

Hi Ignat,

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, without the ability to add custom fields to Test Sessions, it makes JIRA Capture unsuitable for our needs.

I'd very much like to see this feature added to the product, along with the ability to perform JQL queries on any added custom fields. Until this is in place, we will have to find alternative solutions elsewhere. Please do pass on my request if you can - it's a real shame as there's so much great functionality in JIRA Capture otherwise.

Kind regards,

Tim

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2015

Hi, Tim!

Test Sessions can not be extended. The only way to add some additional information to a Test Session is by using Test Session Notes. Regarding Custom Fields - these can be attached to the JIRA Issues itself, not for the Test Sessions: apparently, Capture is adding a custom field to associate issue with a Test Session.

Hope this helps!

--

Cheers,

Ignat

JIRA Capture Developer at Atlassian.

Suggest an answer