How do I access JIRA Core once it's enabled in my JIRA profile?

Jean Saladino January 25, 2021

I'm new to JIRA and have had JIRA Core and Simple Time Tracker added to my profile however I cannot find how to access either of them through my JIRA instance.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

@Jean Saladino 

Once you log in to Jira and you create a project, customize screens, permissions, workflows, you are using Jira Core .

Time Tracker needs to be enabled in your instance.

Please try to invest some time reading the following documentation:

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask us any questions if you have hard time understanding something.

All the best,

Fadoua

Jean Saladino January 26, 2021

Thank you this was helpful.  We don't use projects this way instead we use initiatives to identify specific projects.  I'm trying to use Core to create a customized dashboard and Simple Time to measure actual vs estimated time.  I believe that since we don't use projects I'm unable to utilize the functionality.   Is that why I'm having a problem?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Jean Saladino 

Yes that's why you are having a problem.

Dashboards can be created based on issues and filters. Issues can only be created inside a project.

You will definitely need to create projects and issues to get some nice dashboards with all the information you need.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events