How do I Restore a Deleted Field Config in JIRA?

Cameron Jezorek December 17, 2013

The default config for a custom field was deleted in error (why is there no confirmation on this delete option?)

This is a long standing field and has thousands of ticket now missing information. We have a backup from a couple of hours prior to the deletion that we could use to restore but we only want to restore THAT field - if we restore the whole system we loose hours of call center work.

How can we restore this field and the data we are missing from the backup?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

Hi Cameron

I am afraid that restoring from the XML backup is the only solution for this problem that you are currently facing as of now there is no other way to restored the field data only in JIRA.

Cameron Jezorek December 17, 2013

Will that enable us to only restore that field and it's data? I can't loose everything else.

(sorry if this is a 'dumb' question - I'm not the technical admin on the team)

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

The backup is only one XML file. One option may be to export the new work, restore, and then import the new work. It is a pain.

0 votes
Gian Uy December 17, 2013

Hi Daryl,

Thank you so much for responding to us! We'd like to know if there is a specific XML file that we need to look at from the backup.

Suggest an answer