How do I Export and Import Test Cases from and to Zephyr for Jira?

John Ragan October 11, 2017

Since Zephyr for Jira does not have a function to save tests in a repository, I am trying to export a test case as XML to my own repository. This way I can import the test at a later date wen I want it. I have successfully imported a sample.xml test to my project, but when I try to import the XML generated from my actual test case the Zephyr Testcase Importer simply does nothing. No error... Nothing.

Can it be true that the Zephyr Test Case Importer tool is incompatible with the XML files that were exported from Jira? This sounds pretty silly to me. 

I am using the set of instructions below for the importing. This is also where I got the sample.XML file. 

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204550179-How-do-I-import-test-cases-into-Zephyr-for-JIRA-Cloud-

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran October 15, 2017

Hi John

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.We understand your query was addressed via the ticket #24042 by one of our support engineers.Please continue raising ticket directly with Zephyr support team for quick response or resolution on any queries or issues

1. If you want to export all the test cases along with the test steps, then those test cases should be a part of any cycle. Once you add them to the cycle, then you go to Tests > Search Test Executions. Here it will show you the list of all the test executions for the projects. 

2. On the right hand side, you can see an option to Export. Export as CSV. But remember, if the test case is a part of two test cycles, it will be exported twice.

3. If you want to remove the duplicates in the test case list, please refer the attached documentation.

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Suggest an answer