How did my internal jira get connected to my Cloud Confluence/JIRA?

Kathy Plamann March 13, 2015

Hi

We have an instance of JIRA that is inside our firewall. Somehow our Cloud Confluence/JIRA instance is now linked to our internal JIRA instance. How could this have happened?

Thanks

Kathy

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2015

Hi Kathy, 

There's nothing automatic that would link the applications, and you would indeed need admin rights on both instances to complete the link. Hope this helps smile.

Thanks David!

0 votes

Yes it is odd. But no the instance has always been behind the firewall. I just want to make sure there are no automated connections that Atlassian does from an internal instance to your cloud instance. I know it is unlikely that Atlassian does this.

From what I have read, to connect the internal instance to the cloud instance you have to have admin rights in both the cloud and the internal instance.

Thanks

Kathy

0 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2015

Hi Kathy,

That sounds quite odd. Was the instance behind the firewall migrated from cloud by chance?

Suggest an answer