How could I setup a custom field to track downtime service by component?

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

Hi everybody,

I already setup a new service desk with Jira, and I'm looking for custom field and report/gadgets to track service downtime by components. So I setup components with my services and create a new custom field (service downtime) now I want see downtime by components. How could I do it?

What I need?

- A customer field to agent set it up

- A gadget or report to see the results

Regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

Lameck,

It sounds like you have the field already set up and are just looking for advice on how to display so I have provided input here accordingly. There are a number of ways to display this using gadgets. To some degree it comes down to preference. Have you looked at using the Two Dimensional gadget? Depending on the details you can simply use the project as the filter and then select Component as the Y-axis and Service Downtime as the X-axis. If needed you can create a specific filter if the project itself is too broad, e.g. if you only want to show certain components in the gadget then - project = xyz AND components in (1,2,3,4). 

BTW, can you clarify what you mean by "A customer field to agent set it up"? 

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

Jack,

Tks for reply. But Two Dimen. Gadget didn't work because I see the time of everyone service (component), so I see something like that:

• E-mail: 30 minutes
  • CRM: 60 minutes

Where those times are the total downtime service in a period.

[]'s.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

does the 2-D not show totals on far right column? can you attach images of how the gadget is configured and the resulting table?

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2016

Hi Jack,

I need see the sum of one field. But 2-D show the total of issues by 2-D. 

A need something like that:

image2016-10-27 16:53:55.png

but I want see downtime service.

Component vs Day showing downtime service. 

Regards.

Suggest an answer