How could I make Jira to automatically create a new issue in a board, when I created an issue in an other board?

pollodumas March 23, 2016

I would like Jira to automatically create an issue in a board, when I create an issue in an other board. I need to copy some information from the existing issue to the new one.
Is it possible?
If yes, how?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

A JIRA board display issues based on whatever filter you configure it to have. Just clone the issue (which will copy all its contents) then it will be automatically be displayed in the other board as long as it is in scope of that board's filter.

pollodumas March 23, 2016

@Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] thanks for your answer. If i dont understand wrong, you are saying that i need to do the action to clone the issue, manually. Actually, i need that this action automatically occurs just when someone create an issue in an other project.

Thanks again!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

You can put a post-function in that project's current workflow in the "Create issue" event to automatically clone the issue. There are a few add-ons that can do it. Try the JMWE.

Suggest an answer