How could I insert the Knows Issues on JIRA Release Notes

Gustavo Henrique June 26, 2012

We are trying to generate the release notes including the known issues.

We want to plan a release and request to the QA to perform the acceptance test on this release. The QA will perform these tests and may accept. reject, or accept with warning. If the QA decides to accept the release with warnings, the QA will create known Story Bugs and specify the Affect version to this release.

When we have a acceptance with warnings, we would like to generate the release to the users to ratificate the version but show the release notes including the already reported known issues.

How could I generate the JIRA release notes to include all issues which Affects this Version?

Should I generate a Velocity template for this case? Any hint or documentation on how to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Couple of ideas:

If you navigate to your project > select versions on the left > then select the version you want release notes for, you can then click on the Summary tab on the left and then select Release Notes which is on the far right, where your other actions, such as Filters, are.

You can also create a filter that includes all of the issues you want to include. Then, on a Confluence page, insert the jira gadget, Filter Results, into the page and follow the instructions for adding the JIRA URL (which is really the XML view of your filter results). If you don't have the gadget, you'll need for your administrator to register the Filter Results gadget in your Confluence instance.

Suggest an answer