How come when I import existing issues to JIRA Portfolio, I don't get the estimates associated with the issues?

Guy Geron January 29, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to import existing issues (stories, epics, bugs, etc.) from our JIRA systems.

At the moment, it seems that all the issues are imported with no estimations (story points).

In our JIRA the estimation exists.

Would anyone have a clue?

Cheers,

Guy

3 answers

1 vote
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

Hi, 

Do the estimates show up in the import dialog where the issues to be imported are listed? 

If yes: Is the option to keep the estimates checked in the bottom of that dialog? 

If no: Could it be that the estimates are on a different (custom) field rather than the standard JIRA Agile points estimate field? Portfolio currently just considers the out-of-the-box issue fields, and no custom fields for the estimates. 

If the estimates show up in the dialog, and the import option is ticket but estimates are still not imported, it's likely a bug and certainly not expected behavior. In that case, please raise a ticket via support.atlassian.com 

Thanks, 

Martin (PM for JIRA Portfolio)

image2015-1-30 15:44:15.png

Eric Smith June 11, 2015

What is the "out of the box" field for time estimate? I've tried Duration, Story Points, and Original Estimate (Time Tracking.)

0 votes
Ievgenii Vasiuk July 12, 2017

This helped me too. Thanks

0 votes
Guy Geron February 10, 2015

Martin,

You were spot on! It seems that we were using a custom field to capture story points.

We have fixed that now, and the import gets the story points as well.

Many thanks,

Guy.

Suggest an answer