• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How come creator name is diiffrent in People involved at customer portal and issue opened in agent view when create an issue behalf of the other person ?

How come creator name is diiffrent in People involved at customer portal and issue opened in agent view when create an issue behalf of the other person ?

2 answers

my question is why creator and reporter names are same when we create an issue behalf of some one else?

0 votes

Creator and Reporter can be different. Creator is the person who created it and Reporter is what we put in the field. Reporter defaults to creator but you can override it if you have the right permissions.

If you are creating an issue on behalf of someone, you will be the creator and the customer (or the other person) will be the reporter.

but when i tried to create an issue behalf of some one else using the portal as soon as i create an issue i see the creator was displayed behalf of person name in people involved group

Looks like something is overriding the creator. Probably a configuration done by your admin (like a script or workflow post function)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,300 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you