How come I'm not able to add a Simple Tasklist into the task area for a JIRA issue type?

jason wulff September 13, 2016

I'm trying to insert a tasklist created from add-on Simple Tasklist into a JIRA issue type.  It only provides me 3 options copy to clipboard, add a new comment, and cancel.  2016-09-13_9-44-30.pngI'm trying to insert a tasklist created from add-on Simple Tasklist into a JIRA task

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jason wulff September 19, 2016

I sent a JIRA support zip on the afternoon of the Sept 14th to support.  Did you receive it?

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

Hi Jason, apologies for the delay. We received the support file, and identified the issue.

I have a fix that is being tested at the moment, and I'll have a new version of the plugin out to you for review by end of day.

0 votes
jason wulff September 27, 2016

Do you have an ETA on the update for the new version plug-in?

0 votes
jason wulff September 14, 2016

I sent a JIRA support zip yesterday afternoon to support.  Did you receive it?

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

That's strange, and appears to be a bug.

Would you mind sending us the JIRA support file so we can investigate?

Steps can be found here:  http://simpletasks.tss.io/support.php

0 votes
jason wulff September 13, 2016

I inserted it as a comment and I get the attached behavior.  It doesn't seem to be aggregating to the Tasks section on the right.  It stays in the comment section.2016-09-13_10-14-49.png

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2016

Hi Jason,

If you insert the template as a comment, it automatically gets aggregated to the "Tasks" section on the right.

We made the choice for this functionality because there are 2 types of templates. 1) task templates, and 2) content templates.

Since content templates can be any arbitrary content, it wouldn't make sense to insert them in the tasks section only. We might consider improving this dialog in a future release, to add a new option that inserts tasks directly (without the comment).

Suggest an answer