How can you track parent product versions in sub-component projects?

Matt Shelton November 13, 2013

We have a large healthcare platform which releases quarterly. It is tracked within a JIRA project, lets call it PLATFORM, with releases 13.1, 13.2, 13.3, 13.4, 14.1, etc.

There are roughly a half-dozen modules that may or may not be updated in one of these releases, which have their own versioning (e.g. MOD 1.1, FOO 2.5, BAR 3.2 all correspond to PLATFORM 13.2, and PLATFORM 13.3 has MOD 1.1, FOO 2.7, BAR 4.0.)

Is there any built-in way, or available plugin, to track these module relationships between projects and their issues? For instance, if a bug comes in and is released in MOD 1.2, is there an easy way to say that all of the issues in MOD 1.2 are also in PLATFORM 13.4? Can I define a custom field to select versions from another project's version list?

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2015

Hi, although it is a lot late to answer this question you can checkout Component and Bundle Versions Plugin. It's bundle concept could do what you are looking for. A bundle contains group of components with independent releases. Plugin also provides component specific versions. you can search all issues affecting a bundle using issue in affectsBundle or issue in fixedInBundle JQL functions. 

0 votes
Matt Shelton November 13, 2013

I might have found my own answer here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/61669/select-from-versions-of-another-project. Is there a more elegant way?

Suggest an answer