How can you query how long something as been in closed status

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

As anyone had this issue. I am trying to set up an automation to move a tickets to a read only project for archiving after they have been in close status for 3 months is there a way to query this without an add-on? My current query won't work. 

project= "Help Desk" AND status changed FROM "Resolved" TO "Closed" AFTER -3M

I just need to query closed tickets for 3 months of time in that status 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Damian Wodzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Wouldn't tha be "Closed" BEFORE -12w?

For some reason 3m do not work for me either, but that above do work.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

Yeah I had to do it in Weeks format also. And I am not sure to used close BEFORE or AFTER. 

I was also told to try this instead. 

project = ABC and status = Closed and updated < -12w and status changed to closed BEFORE -12w

Damian Wodzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

If you use after, thats mean everything closed AFTER that date will be there. So there can be issue closed one week ago.

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

This is the automation I have set but it keeps saying no actions preformed but if I use the search it will query 4 issues. I am unsure why it won't work? 

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

automation_Jira.png

Suggest an answer