How can you establish an SLA for issues?

JamesM April 23, 2014

Is there a way to establish SLAs for each status in a workflow for issues tracked in Jira Ondemand (not Jira Service Desk). I've created a Workflow, and I want to establish SLAs for each status so each team member knows when an issue is in status 'A' and assigned to him, action must be taken with X hours or days.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

Hi,

Jim - You can probably write advanced JQL which filters needed issues (like - Issue assigned to me, in status A for more than 3 hours(if your SLA is 5 hours you can name it - "less than 2 hour remaining") and request everyone to subscribe, then they will know when such issues appear and if they are late or need urgent actions. You can write similar filter for manager, which will get list of issues in project (if any), for example which are in status A for more than 4 hours or in status B for more then 1 day or in status C for more than 1 hour...

If your SLA times changes, just update filter.

Andris.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2014

Not really - that's exactly why the Service Desk was built. With OnDemand, all you can really do is manually set due-dates or counters, and then report on them later. There's some automation you can try with assorted standard plugins, but they're mostly minor improvements on doing it by hand. Or you could start writing Connect plugins to improve what you've got, although I'm not aware of any public ones that would help much. (Or add Service Desk)

Suggest an answer