How can we see and log out story points as they go down and get completed?

Theresa Nazeer September 25, 2012

We were able to add our inital story points for each story on our rapid borad. But we cannot see how to enter/update the story points as we work on them.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2012

Story points are never supposed to be updated once the Sprint starts as it is meant for Velocity calculation. What burns down is the remaining estimate on the individual tasks (I mean the sub-tasks). The burn down is based on that. You need to enable time tracking in the Estimation field in the Rapidboard.

Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+101

1 vote
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Hi Theresa,

Can you please clarify why do you want to log out story points for the issues?

I think that you have a misunderstanding about Story Points. It shouldn't be logged out instead they should be properly set.

Here is a couple pf good blog posts about Story Points:

The significance of Story Points

Story Points - What's the point?

I hope it helps you! :)

Theresa Nazeer September 30, 2012

In our old Agile board we log points for each story. then as the developers complete steps in the story they log what they have completed and the points go down. this helps us to disply in burn down charts the progress made. is there another way to do this?

Suggest an answer