How can we reset the Flagged field so that Impediment is the only option.

Richard Southey November 15, 2017

We've recently started using Jira and using the Flagged field to marked Blocked stories, by ticking the Impediment tick-box. This morning two more options have appeared, false and true.

Can anyone tell me how to reset this field so that it only has Impediment as an option?

Flagged field.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Hello,

It means that a Jira administrator added new options to the Flagged field. If you want to change it back you should go to cog item->issues->custom fields and find there the flagged field. Then go to cog item-> configure. You will see there Options. you can delete the unwanted options there.

But I guess the Jira Administrator needed these two options in some other project. That is why it is better if you create your own context. You will see there "Add new context" link. In the projects picker you will choose your project and define only Impediment option. In this case there will be only Impediment option in your project while in other projects there will be 3 options

You can read more about managing custom fields here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-a-custom-field-829827101.html

Richard Southey November 15, 2017

Alexey, thank you. Interestingly, I had to switch back from the New Jira to the 'old' one to get access to the additional options. Your mention of cogs pointed me in the right direction.

The problem with having True and False as tick boxes is that you would always want one or the other and in both cases, you get the red flag showing on your display, which kinda makes it pointless. 

I take your point about consulting and had already, previously, reached out to the community within our company.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Marco Sacchi February 4, 2020

@Richard Southey Hi Richard, I'm facing the same issue reconfiguring 'Flagged' field.

Can you tell me the steps to get the old view on Jira? (i have the cloud version of jira software).

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer