How can we make an xls Extract from JIRA ?

AMALE LAJAATE May 26, 2017

Hello,

JIRA offers this list of format when I try to export my list of issues:

2017-05-26 17_58_09-Issue navigator - JIRA.png

I see that I can not export directly in Excel file...

Looking forward for your help.

Best regards,

3 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2017

Install this add-on to add Excel options to the Export drop-down: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.betterexcel/server/overview

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Hi Amale,

That file will not be there by default so you'll have to create the file per the How to edit the jira-config.properties file knowledge base artice.  In regards to the home folder location, on my Linux system it's under

/var/atlassian/application-data/jira

On my Windows system it's under

C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA

You may have defined a different location for your home folder.  If so, you can always find the home folder location in System Administration > System > System Info under the File Paths:

Filepaths.png

The screenshot is from an OS X install which is why the paths are a bit different but yours will of course show your file paths.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Hi Amale,

Depending on the version of JIRA you are using you may not be able to export to Excel.  This was removed in JIRA 7.2 and replaced by a more robust, flexible exporter in the CSV export.  This functionality will be gone entirely in the future, however, you can re-enable this by doing the following:

1. Stop JIRA.
  2. Locate the jira-config.properties file in the $JIRA_HOME
    directory. If the file does not exist, please proceed to create it.
  3. Open the file and add the below on a separate line:
jira.export.excel.enabled=true

One you have done that save the file and restart JIRA and you should be set!

Cheers,

Branden

AMALE LAJAATE May 26, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, where I am supposed to find jira-config.properties file ? 

I saw that you said $JIRA_HOME directory -> Could you please send me a screen shot ?

Best regards,

Suggest an answer