How can we let current assignee follow his issue until the end and not let the others view the issue?

shahrooz nematipour November 17, 2014

To whom it may concern,

I am an JIRA administrator at Rayan Company located in Tehran.

We are customizing JIRA for our own project.Till now everything has gone right.But,there is something annoying us.We do not want to let other developers to see one person's task.Meanwhile we want the assignee to keep track of the issue assigned to him.We have set the "Browse Project" permission to current assignee.This works fine in preventing the other users from viewing the issue.But the issue can be seen  as long as the issue is in the hand of the assignee.Once it is transitioned to other users,for instance the test team,the first assignee can not follow the issue.It is very bad for us because the first assignee in the chain of the workflow can not trace the status of the issue.

Actually our problem is:How can we let current assignee follow his issue until the end and not let the others view the issue?

I have searched a lot in Google but nothing helped us.

Any help is appreciated.

Yours faithfully.

Shahrooz Nematipour

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

Hello Shahrooz,

I would try this solution: add also the ability to Browse Project to Watchers. It will show User Custom Field Value (Watchers) in the Permission Scheme. You'll have to make sure the users that were assignees are also watchers. 

Moreover, If the tickets are indeed "secret", then Permission Scheme is the right option to go. But I would rather use Quick Filters or Dashboards in order for users to see only their assigned tickets or tickets they are watching (that way they will automatically not see other tickets, unless they are looking for them).

Suggest an answer