How can we get last modelVersion number used for Jira Upgrade task ?

Ritesh Shah January 22, 2018

Hi,

I am using Jira 6, I wanted to execute upgrade task for one of my table. To execute upgrade task, I need to pass higher modelVersion number than last used, but I forgot a last used modelVersion number. So is there any way to know a last used modelVersion number ?

Kindly give me answer.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

The way this question is phrased suggests you are doing something you really should never do to an Atlassian system.

Instead of trying to ask about the solution you seem to have arrived at, could you give us the context of what you are doing?  For example, don't tell us "I want to amend some data", tell us "I am working with versions in Jira and need to see how it has changed on issues"

Ritesh Shah January 23, 2018

Thanks Nic Brough,

When we are implementing ActiveObjectsUpgradeTask, we have to Override following method.

@Override
public ModelVersion getModelVersion() {
return ModelVersion.valueOf("5");
}

If Jira found higher version value of ModelVersion then only it will execute upgrade() method. 

@Override
public void upgrade(ModelVersion modelVersion, ActiveObjects activeObjects){

..... // some code.

}

Now tell me How can we get last value of that number so that I can pass higher  value of that number and my upgrade() method can execute.

Suggest an answer