How can we edit the existing user stories to add epic/theme label?

Luqman Ahmed January 18, 2012

Hi,

We have few existing user stories created and I wanted to edit those to link them to the parent epic by editing Epic/Theme label. Kindly guide.

Regards,

Luqman

3 answers

0 votes
Monique Morden July 15, 2019

I am having the same issue. Once you create it, it doesn't show all the same fields as when you create new

0 votes
Luqman Ahmed January 19, 2012

Thanks Renjith, but i think there is a problem with the way GreenHopper is configured for us. User Stories when double clicked doesn't open as a card from planning board. I found out a way around for that. I'll request the space admin to add Epic/Theme as a column for user story. That would fecilitate eidting it whenever we want to.

Thanks,

Luqman

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2012

If the project is associated with the Scrum Template in Greenhopper configuration, by default the Story issue type should have these fields for the Card View. Is that in your case this was really customized by the Project Admin?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

If you are in the Planning Board, double click the item to bring up the Card view, which will show you the Epic field. Next to that you will see the pencil icon, in which you can select the Epic/Theme.

Is this what you are looking for?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2012

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Working+with+Epics Second section "To associate an issue with an epic"

Suggest an answer