How can we customize a custom field of selection entries for different projects?

Kent Chiu July 18, 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to have a different selection entries of a custom field for different projects?

For example, a unique custom field called "Dev Manager" that has a list of people.

Project A:

Dev Manager: 

Selection list of : A, B, C

Project B:

Dev Manager:

Selection list of: X, Y, Z

Currently, all of the projects that use this custom field seem to have the same selection entries.  We want to avoid creating a duplicate custom field of "Dev Manager".

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Kent

3 answers

0 votes
Kent Chiu July 18, 2017

I think I got it now. 

Thank you so much for your help! really appreciate it.

0 votes
Kent Chiu July 18, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your tips. I am not sure if I understand what you mean by different contexts and limitation. What do you mean by groups of projects or issue types.

Could you be kindly explain the steps in with details?

Thanks,

Kent

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Go to the list of custom fields, find the field, click configure.

You can add contexts to it with different lists of values for different projects OR different issue types.

Kent Chiu July 18, 2017

Do we have to create a different scheme for each project in order to customize the list of entries for each of project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

No, it's not schemes.  It is contexts (schemes have another different meaning, do not mix them up with contexts)

You can create several contexts each with one or many projects in them.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

You can give fields different "contexts" in the configuration setting for them in the custom field list.  You can add several configurations by groups of projects or issue types (but there's a bit of a flaw in that you can't do both)

Suggest an answer