How can we block the pop-up of create issue from the issue drop down?

swati sneha December 2, 2012

On clicking on Issue navigator, it gives some options like : search for issues, create issue, manage filters etc.

The create issue option is opening up a pop-up. We are using some java script and that stops functioning on pop-up screens. We have impleneted the blocking of pop-up from top - right most "Create Issue". As the Issue navigator contains the hidden field having the option of Create Issue, we are not able to block that.

Any quick help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Swati

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hi,

We can hide the create issue.This can be done. You need to create a plugin and you need to add some java script code. With the above you can hide the create issue.I will post the code below.This is just a example to hide the create issue button, you can add more logic if you want.

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
        hideFunction();
    });
    hideFunction();
    function hideFunction(){
         AJS.$('#issues_new_issue_link_lnk').hide();
    }
});

your atlassian-plugin.xml will look like this

<web-resource key="hidecreateissue-js" name="createissue">
        <description>show or hide create issue in menu
        </description>
        <resource name="hidecreateissue.js" type="download"
            location="templates/js/hidecreateissue.js" />
        <context>atl.general</context>
    </web-resource>

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hope this helps

Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2014

didn't work for me.

0 votes
David Luke November 30, 2015

Tried this in my banner announcement based on the above. No luck. Not working for me in JIRA 6.4.

<script type="text/javascript">
(function($) {

AJS.$("#find_link").live("click", "#issues_new_issue_link", function(){
   AJS.$("#issues_new_issue_link").live("mousedown", "#issues_new_issue_link_lnk", function(){      AJS.$('#issues_new_issue_link').removeClass('create-issue');
   });
});

})(AJS.$);
</script>

Ideas? Thanks. --Dave Luke

David Luke November 30, 2015

Does this also require a custom plug-in, like in the original recommendation?

0 votes
Ryan Aherne
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

Using JIRA 6.1.7, I used the below pasted into the Announcement Banner to disable the Issues>Create issues popup.

AJS.$("#find_link").live("click", "#issues_new_issue_link", function(){
   AJS.$("#issues_new_issue_link").live("mousedown", "#issues_new_issue_link_lnk", function(){      AJS.$('#issues_new_issue_link').removeClass('create-issue'); 
   });
});

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

Thanks for the screen shot, will tell you what to do in few mins.

0 votes
swati sneha December 2, 2012

Thanks

Swati Sneha

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

Hi,

Can you post me a screen shot to help you ?

Suggest an answer