How can we auto login users already authenticated in LDAP?

NathanErnest July 20, 2017

Hi all. We're trying to avoid users requirng to enter their password every time they open Jira (and Confluence). Our users are authenticated using LDAP and can login to Jira using their AD accounts. I've seen several posts where people mention they have auto login working but for the life of me I can't find a way to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2017

Hello Nathan,

You will need a Kerberos add-on for this. There are many of these on Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=kerberos

Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of one of those Kerberos add-ons, you might want to take a look at our IWAAC Kerberos SSO plugin at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.cleito.iwaac/server/overview

Sachin Agrawal February 13, 2019

I have an desktop application that uses REST API to login on JIRA and here as well i want to avoid the login process from this application.

so only change we have from the above requirement is that we can write code to fetch the user id from properties but rest we are not sure how to tell alassian jira this is the person already logged in on domain, and does not need to re-login.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

Hi @Sachin Agrawal

You just need to make your desktop application Kerberos compliant.

You may want to take a look at the IWAAC add-on's dedicated documentation for integration with non-browser clients. It provides code examples in various languages.

Suggest an answer